Beet Kvass is a medicinal tonic that cleanses the blood, liver, and promotes healthy digestion. Enjoy 4 ounces of this drink in the morning and evening.
Like other lacto-fermented, probiotic foods, beet kvass can promote intestinal health and aid digestion. You might drink it straight-up as a daily tonic or cook with it like vinegar — it’s great in salad dressings and soups like borscht. It even makes an interesting cocktail mixer, similar to a vinegar shrub.
Nutrition you’ll find in a 6-oz serving of beet kvass:
- Roughly 2 grams of dietary fiber, 1 gram of protein and 6 grams of carbohydrates.
- B vitamins (including folate) and vitamin C.
- Minerals like iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium and manganese.
- Probiotics and food enzymes.
- Antioxidants and phytonutrients like betalain.